Need your order for Holiday giving?
Make sure you receive it on time. Click here for Christmas deadlines.
Treat yourself to Holiday Savings! Click here to take advantage of the current offer.
The Birthkit Issue Number 56 (Winter 2007)|
The Birthkit Back Issues
Quantity in Basket:
- Secret Desires in the Heart of a Womyn, by Sister MorningStar. This article was excerpted from the upcoming book The Power of Wimyn. Read the lovely storytelling of Sister MorningStar, as she recounts some of her birth experiences in Mexico.
- A Time to Say Thanks, by Jill Cohen. Associate Editor Jill Cohen thanks subscribers to The Birthkit, as this final issue goes to print
- A Mother’s Perspective on the Wonder of Birth, by Kenna Fultz. The author shares her enchantment with birth and suggests ways for mothers to fully appreciate and cherish the event.
- What Babies Need, by Cheryl K. Smith. Midwifery Today’s Managing Editor writes about the need to hold our babies and help them become secure beings.
- The Perfect Labor Companion, by Amanda Bird. Birthing is women’s work, but husbands can make the experience even more meaningful. Writer Amanda Bird shares what partners can do to make this so.
- You Want a Quick Birth, by Jock Doubleday. This reprint explains one of 101 reasons to have a baby at home
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Understanding and Helping, by Vicky York. A postpartum doula provides a short primer in prevention and treatment of perinatal mood disorders.
- Improving Birth in Bosnia. An adaptation from the report from the June 9-10 meeting of the European Network of Childbirth Associations (ENCA) gives an overview of birth in Bosnia and plans to improve it.
- The Birth Marathon—Food and Drink for Labor and Birth, by Patty Brennan. This article, excerpted from the new cookbook Whole Family Recipes, provides some great ideas for eating and drinking during labor.
- Herbal Remedies, by Christina Zingrich Gazdag. Some herbal remedies for many labor-related problems.
- Losing Trust in the Rainbow, by Robin Lim. It is only fitting that our last issue of The Birthkit include another beautiful poem by frequent contributor Robin Lim.
Advertise your product or service in Midwifery Today E-News,
a free electronic newsletter that is sent biweekly to 15,000+ subscribers.
Click here for more information.
Ordering by post, fax or phone
© 1987-2016 Midwifery Today, Inc. All Rights Reserved.