Birth & Midwifery in Germany
Resources for parents and practitioners
Connect with many more midwives and birth enthusiasts from around the world by joining IAM, the International Alliance of Midwives!
Many of the following sites are in German; an online translator may be useful.
Midwifery Today Country Contact*
*To learn what a Country Contact is or to reach any Midwifery Today Country Contact, click here.
Cornelia Enning is a licensed midwife practicing in Muehlacker, Germany, since 1975. She specializes in home waterbirths and has written several books about waterbirth obstetrics and swimming for babies. Since 1994, Cornelia has taught hospital staff and homebirth midwives about waterbirth midwifery. She also publishes a quarterly German-language newsletter, Wasserbaby Post, and is web mistress of www.hebinfo.de.
- Federation of freelance midwives of Germany Bund freiberuflicher Hebammen Deutschlands e.V.: www.bfhd.de and www.bdh.de
- Center for birth and water
- Midwifery Information, midwives and hospital list in Germany
- Practice for ganzheitliche birth preparation jonathan
- Birth House Cross Mountain
- Birth House in Berlin
- Birth House in Jena
- Birth House in Werne
- Gesellschaft für Geburtsvorberteitung—Society for birth preparation, family information and women’s health
- Hebamme (Midwife) Cornelia Enning
- Hebamme (Midwife) Angela Köhler
- Hebamme (Midwife) Kathrin Vorbrink
- Hebamme (Midwife) Andrea Friedmann—Gentle Birth
- Midwifery Practice