Birth & Midwifery in New Zealand
Resources for parents and practitioners
Connect with many more midwives and birth enthusiasts from around the world by joining IAM, the International Alliance of Midwives!
Some of the following sites may not be in English; an online translator may be useful.
Midwifery Today Country Contact*
*To learn what a Country Contact is or to reach any Midwifery Today Country Contact, click here.
Lorna Davies, RM, PGCEA, MA, is a UK qualified midwife who has worked in midwifery education for the last thirteen years. Her particular interests lie in examination of the newborn, parent education, breastfeeding, birth art, normal birth and e-Learning. She is also co-director of www.withwoman.co.uk. [ PHOTO BY ANDREA NOLL ]
She has published numerous articles in midwifery journals, has contributed chapters to several midwifery textbooks. She recently edited The Art and Soul of Midwifery and Examination of the Newborn and Neonatal Health: A Multidimensional Approach.
She is married with three children and is currently a Senior Lecturer in Midwifery at Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology in New Zealand. She also carries a small caseload as a self-employed midwife and is a childbirth educator.
- New Zealand College of Midwives
- New Zealand Midwifery Council—Government and Regulatory Body (also overseas registration)
- Ministry of Health
- Everybody—Find a midwife
- www.nzcom.org.nz/index.cfm/search—Find a midwife
- www.homebirth.org.nz/midwife.html—Find a midwife
- BabyWebNZ is the brainchild of a Mother, Midwife and Childbirth Educator. My mission is to maintain an up to date resource for all NZ parents allowing them easy access to web sites related to pregnancy, childbirth and parenting.
- New Zealand Homebirth Association
- Maggie Banks—Birth spirit (midwifery educator, breech/homebirth advocate)
- Vida Rye—Nurture NZ, doula, infant massage and a whole lot more
- La Leche League—New Zealand