Birth & Midwifery in USA
Resources for parents and practitioners
Connect with many more midwives and birth enthusiasts from around the world by joining IAM, the International Alliance of Midwives!
“Honoring Our Past, Embracing Our Future” — Midwifery Today Conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 6–10 April 2016 — Go here to learn about teachers, classes and accommodations.
View scrapbooks of past Midwifery Today Conferences.
Midwifery Today Country Contact*
*To learn what a Country Contact is or to reach any Midwifery Today Country Contact, click here.
Amy Nacht is a Certified Nurse Midwife, who speaks Spanish as well as English. She has worked in homes, birth centers, and in hospitals, first as a direct entry midwife and now a Certified Nurse Midwife. She has taught childbirth education and prenatal and postnatal yoga. Amy is currently involved with raising her two young children and working as a CNM as clinical faculty in the University of Colorado. Amy tells us, "I hope to see the rate of maternal death decline. I hope to see the rate of midwifery education increase worldwide and to see the rate of conferences/meetings/alliances increase to allow all of women’s health practitioners worldwide to learn from each other. My goal is to aid in the process of creating a profession that continues to nurture families while nurturing itself. A healthy profession can reach farther and do more to support gentle and healthy births for mother and child."
- Birth Partners to find a midwife or other service provider
- Midwives’ Alliance of North America (MANA)
- International Alliance of Midwives (IAM)
- The American College of Nurse-Midwifery—ACNM
- DONA International (formerly Doulas of North America)
- North American Registry of Midwives (NARM)
- Citizens for Midwifery—Find the legality of midwifery in your state, keep up-to-date with the newest midwifery news and activists!