Midwifery Today Issue Number 107 (Autumn 2013) Induction|
Quantity in Basket:
Our Autumn 2013 issue is dedicated to the topic of Induction and is filled with clinical articles, vital information, midwifery tricks of the trade, gorgeous birth photos and delightful homebirth stories from around the world.
With the ever-increasing rates of interventions and managed birth, this issue on Induction is an important one. As always, the issue features articles from the brightest minds in the natural childbirth world, as well as passionate mothers, midwifery students and doulas trying to make the world a safer place for birth. Ina May Gaskin has written a powerful and emotional article on Cytotec, detailing the dangers and the problems with the use of this drug around the time of birth. Michel Odent includes his thoughts about the huge ramifications induction puts on the future of our species. You will also delight to read the success story of a mother who gave birth at home after not just one, but five cesareans.
- Cytotec and the FDA—Ina May Gaskin
- The Times and Tools of Induction—Sister MorningStar
- Herbs for Induction of Labor—Susun S. Weed
- Should We Ban Labor Induction?—Michel Odent
- The Circumcision Conversation—Diana Paul
- Jane Sharp: A Midwife of Renaissance England—Jane Beal
- The Mythical Expiration Date—Heathir Brown
- The Episiotomy Redemption—Patricia Grube
- Cesarean Inter-Section—Terah R. Lara
- Maharishi Ayurveda for Postpartum Care—Ragnhild Rannie Boes
- The Downside of Doula-ing—Jodi M. Green
- Resolving Shoulder Dystocia: Is Episiotomy Best Practice?—Emily Likens
- My Successful Homebirth after Five Cesareans—Julie Ewbank
- H.R. 2286: A Vision to Increase Maternal Health Professionals and Services—Julie A. Choudhury
- My Discovery of the Historical Dr. Joseph DeLee—Carol Van Der Woude
- An Estimated Due Season—Deborah Simone
- Labor Encouragement with Essential Oils—Ashley Musil
- Rebirth—Emma Jo Knapp
- 15 Days Late: Oh, the Pressure!—Nancy Halseide
View complete Table of Contents here.
Advertise your product or service to over 20,000 E-News subscribers. Click here for more information.
Ordering by post, fax or phone
© 1987-2015 Midwifery Today, Inc. All Rights Reserved.