Sign up for Midwifery Today Store News. Learn about special promotions and new products.
Midwifery Today Issue Number 120 (Current - Winter 2016 ) Birth and the Microbiome|
New Items, Back Issues
Quantity in Basket:
Theme: Birth and the Microbiome
In recent years, the microbiome has been a hot topic in the world of research. Scientists are realizing the importance it plays on the lifelong health of an individual. Since the details pertaining to birth can have a drastic impact on the microbiome, either positively or negatively, we at Midwifery Today knew this issue’s topic, “Birth and the Microbiome,” would be of keen interest to our readers. Enjoy the articles within, written by some of the best in the birth field, including Michel Odent, Ina May Gaskin, Sister MorningStar and internationally known herbalist Susun Weed.
- Microbiome and Health by Fernando Molina. To better guide pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, author and physician Fernando Molina helps readers to understand the affect the microorganisms in intestinal flora have on influencing overall health.
- Micromanaging the Microbiota by Sister MorningStar. Midwife Sister MorningStar highlights the dangers of artificial processes during birth.
- Homebirth vs. Hospital Birth: The Bacteriological Perspective by Michel Odent. Obstetrician and natural childbirth advocate Michel Odent discusses how the place of birth can affect which microbes colonize the baby.
- Your Mother Will Help by Susun Weed. A wonderful article on the benefits of motherwort for pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Surrounded by Love and Support by Monet Moutrie. Author and birth photographer Monet Moutrie has documented over 125 births through the lens of her camera since becoming a mother. In this article, she tells her story of the birth of her second child.
- Microbiome and Midwives: A Look at Culture by Vicki Penwell. International midwife Vicki Penwell discusses the culture of homebirth in America to see what might be done to improve the life-long health of the baby.
- The Microbiome and the Midwife by Marion Toepke McLean. Midwife Marion Toepke McLean discusses what midwives can do to promote optimum health for mothers and babies with regard to the microbiome.
- The Microbiome: Important or Not? by Ireena Keeslar. “Does missing out on the microbes from the vagina really make a difference in the health of the child?”
- Stop Cutting: The Right to Bodily Integrity by Jane Beal. Author and midwife Jane Beal discusses female genital mutilation and what can be done to eliminate cutting within a community that practices it routinely.
- The Cost of Caring: Midwifery and Traumatic Stress by Bonnie U. Gruenberg. In this article, midwife Bonnie U. Gruenberg raises awareness around the issue of mental health stresses associated with the profession of midwifery.
- Male Mutedness in Childbirth by Erica Andrews. “How does a man feel during the birth of his child?”
View complete Table of Contents here.
Advertise your product or service in Midwifery Today E-News,
a free electronic newsletter that is sent biweekly to 15,000+ subscribers.
Click here for more information.
Ordering by post, fax or phone
© 1987-2017 Midwifery Today, Inc. All Rights Reserved.