Save $10 or $20 on your order. Or, save $5 on a one-year Midwifery Today subscription or on selected books. Click here for special coupons.
Need your order for Holiday giving?
Make sure you receive it on time. Click here for Christmas deadlines.
Midwifery Today Issue Number 105 (Spring 2013 ) Hemorrhage|
Quantity in Basket:
The theme of Midwifery Today Issue 105 is Hemorrhage. Though hemorrhage is commonly thought of as a deadly situation of third world countries, it is increasingly present within the US. The management of the third stage of labor has had an impact on the occurrence of this potentially life-threatening problem. The pages of this issue are filled with wisdom from some of the most knowledgeable minds on the subject, such as Robin Lim of Indonesia, French obstetrician Michel Odent and midwife Marlene Waechter. You will also enjoy reading midwife Sister MorningStar’s thoughts on midwifery education and an emotionally charged piece written by a midwife’s story of her arrest. As always, we want to thank you for your support of the magazine. Enjoy!
- Postpartum Hemorrhage in Bali: A Day at Bumi Sehat by Robin Lim
Midwife Robin Lim tells how the Bumi Sehat clinic strives to prevent postpartum hemorrhage by lessening what she calls “prenatal scare.”
- Thinking Green by Marlene Waechter
In this truly enjoyable article, Waechter shares what she has learned about hemorrhage through her experiences as a midwife.
- Preventing Postpartum Haemorrhage byMichel Odent
Internationally known French obstetrician Odent shares the importance oxytocin has on the prevention of postpartum hemorrhage..
- Hemorrhage! by Susun Weed
As an expert of herbs, Susun Weed educates us on hemorrhage’s herbal allies..
- Ultrasound: Prematurity and Potential Risks by Beverley Lawrence Beech
For its prevalent usage, ultrasound has been enormously under-researched. Written by the honorary chair for AIMS, this article is a useful step towards filling the lack of research and data on ultrasound..
- Preventing Postpartum Hemorrhage by Respecting the Natural Process of Third Stage by Beth Anne Moonstone
“Previous to the delivery of the placenta, mothers need to be observed for changes in behavior and alertness and to judge blood loss. When everything is proceeding normally, it is best to wait and let the process happen naturally.”
- AJOG against Homebirth by Judy Slome Cohain
Author Cohain wrote this important article in response to AJOG’s recent statement against homebirth.
- Seven Hours Postpartum by Jenna Hull
Creator of the online magazine Mother Wit, author Jenna Hull shares her personal birth stories involving hemorrhage.
- When I Was Arrested by Ireena Keeslar
The unfortunate story of a woman’s arrest. Her only “crime” was being a midwife.
- Superfoods for Postpartum Hemorrhage Recovery by Ash Johnsdottir
A helpful article stressing the important role food plays in the recovery from a postpartum hemorrhage..
- PTSD and Obstetric Violencet by Ilone Olza Fernández
In this important read, childbirth trauma is discussed as the result of inadequate and/or violent obstetric care.
- The Placenta Project: An Artful Birth-based Inquiry by Nané Jordan
Artist and midwife Nané Jordan speaks of her passion of the placenta and how this has resulted in a powerful and unique art project..
- An Update on the Netherlands by Robbie Davis-Floyd, Marjolein Faber and Raymond De Vrie
A well-written and thorough update on the current birth situation in the Netherlands..
View complete Table of Contents here.
Advertise your product or service to over 19,000 E-News subscribers. Click here for more information.
Ordering by post, fax or phone
© 1987-2013 Midwifery Today, Inc. All Rights Reserved.