Sign up for Midwifery Today Store News. Learn about special promotions and new products.
Midwifery Today Issue Number 118 (Summer 2016 ) Core Midwifery Skills|
Quantity in Basket:
Theme: Core Midwifery Skills
Midwifery Today’s goal has always been to bring the best information to midwives and mothers. One of the most effective ways we know of to enact change is through education. That is why we are excited for this issue on Core Midwifery Skills. We have solicited articles from experts in the field of gentle birth, including Michel Odent, Sister MorningStar, Diane Goslin and Vicki Penwell. We hope you enjoy Issue 118, and we are always grateful to hear your feedback, either through our Facebook page or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hands on, Hands off: Midwifing the Inner Life of Women by Sister MorningStar. In this article, midwife MorningStar does what she does best: speaks about the needs of a laboring woman.
- The Heart of the Core by Aubre Tompkins. A wonderful discussion about the art of midwifery and the science of midwifery—how each is important and has its place at birth.
- Midwifery Tomorrow by Michel Odent. Obstetrician and natural childbirth advocate Michel Odent discusses the future of birth and the two scenarios he sees that are most plausible based on our current situation.
- After Action Review: A Guide for Midwifery Students and Preceptors by Vicki Penwell.
- Rebirth of a Midwife in China by Jiang Yinzhi.
- A Mother-Daughter Breech Team by Mary Bernabe.
- Normalizing Birth for the Global Citizen by Sister MorningStar.
- The Medicine of the Ukhu Pacha: Andean Sacred Teachings around Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum by Cynthia Ingar.
- Changing the Language of Childbirth by Susan Highsmith. “The words we use express our subconscious beliefs. We can perpetuate society’s paradigms by using its language, or we can choose our words to create the change we want to see.”
- Trota of Salerno: Women’s Medicine in Medieval Italy by Jane Beal.
- Midwifery: The Role of Proctoclysis (Rectal Fluid Infusion) by Annalee Reid.
- Prevention of the Primary Cesarean Section: Facts, Myths and Tips by Vijaya Krishnan.
View complete Table of Contents here.
Advertise your product or service in Midwifery Today E-News,
a free electronic newsletter that is sent biweekly to 15,000+ subscribers.
Click here for more information.
Ordering by post, fax or phone
© 1987-2017 Midwifery Today, Inc. All Rights Reserved.