Midwifery Today Conference
Eugene, Oregon, USA • April 30 – May 3, 2023
“Healing Midwifery and Birth”
Photo by Ana Tablas
- Posterior Arrest
- Our Eyes and Non-verbal Communication
- Prolonged Pregnancy: Waiting, Watching, Worrying
- Natural Remedies from A Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Medicine-based Evidence
- Complicated Birth Roundtables
- Rebozo Techniques and Practice
- And, of course, other favorite clinical subjects such as Shoulder Dystocia, Neonatal Resuscitation, Hemorrhage, and Tricks of the Trade
Eneyda and I are pleased to invite you to our Spring 2023 Conference. Our small events provide sanctuary where you will find refuge for your heart, mind, and spirit. Besides an incredible learning experience, you will find camaraderie and care that birth practitioners lavish on each other. Our small groups make it easy to make new friends. We will repeat what we did last time, which is for each person to tell us how they were called to midwifery or birth. We will sprinkle these talks throughout the conference. It’s a great way to get to know each other.
We plan our classes to be exceptional, interactive, and hands-on, so you come away with body memory and are able to use, for example, rebozo techniques when you want or need them. This is a unique opportunity to experience a supportive environment while filling your whole being with extraordinary learning. We welcome you to join us.
Why come to a Midwifery Today Conference?
Be Informed, Inspired, and Invigorated
- Learn new skills
- Enhance your knowledge
- Replenish your enthusiasm and confidence
- View birth from new vantage points
- Meet new friends from around the world
- Meet women of courage, character, dignity and wisdom
- Attend professional, thought-provoking classes
- Come to a place where you can share freely, and know you’ll be understood
- Open your eyes, broaden your minds, enrich your hearts
- Relax and rejuvenate as you celebrate birth with your sisters
- Join us in making the light of midwifery strong and vibrant
Conference LocationCentro de Fe
540 Adams St
Eugene, Oregon 97402
There are many other options—just look for lodging near downtown Eugene to be in the area closest to the venue.
Travel to the Conference
Driving north or south on Interstate 5, take exit 194B, “I-105, OR 126, West, Eugene.” Go west for about one mile. Take Exit 2, “Autzen Sta. / Univ. of Ore.” You are now on I-105 / OR 126.
Stay in right lane, and follow Exit 2 ramp; at this point the sign says “Coburg Rd. / Downtown.” Stay left where the exit ramp divides in two, following the “Downtown / Univ. of Ore.” signage. This puts you on Coburg Rd.
Stay in the right lane, cross the river and then take the exit marked “Downtown / Hult Center” (also marked “6th Ave.” exit). This puts you on 6th Avenue.
Stay or get in the right lane and go for several blocks. Immediately after going under a freeway overpass, turn right on Jefferson Street, then turn left on 5th Street. Drive just past Adams Street and immediately turn left into the church parking lot. If the church parking lot is full, there is free street parking in the area.
Please note that the church is a plain white building with a small sign on the Adams Street side.
Eugene (EUG) is serviced by Alaska, Allegiant, American, Delta and United.
- Subscribe to the Conference E-mail List. Stay up to date with the latest news about Midwifery Today Conferences. Receive occasional announcements about new conferences, information on discounts, and reminders for registration deadlines. Sent out approximately once a month.
- Keep up to date with conference news on Facebook.
- Attend other Midwifery Today Conferences around the world!
- Children at the Conference: Mothers may sit with babes in arms in the classrooms. However, out of respect for others and, because we are recording some of the classes, if a baby makes any noise, we must ask mother and baby to leave the room. Attendees must make their own arrangements for childcare.