Midwifery Today Conference
Bad Wildbad, Germany, 17–21 October 2018
“Birthing in Love Changes the World”
Back by popular demand: Another Midwifery Today conference in the beautiful spa town of Bad Wildbad, Germany!
Teachers, staff, and registrants all love to go to Bad Wildbad, Germany. It is a great venue—a small town tucked between mountains. There are fun things to do, such as take a tram to the top of the mountain or go for a nature walk among the trees. Then, if that isn’t enough, there is a huge slide to take you back down to the level where you started.
The spas are beautiful and inviting. We have a lovely time with all our midwife friends soaking in the many different pools and heating up in the saunas flavored with mint, lemon, and more.
This town truly rolls out the red carpet for the midwives and doulas, making us feel so welcome. The camaraderie we have in Germany is refreshing. You can come with your burdens and release them in the love and company of colleagues. We work hard to make this an excellent program so you will also learn, share, and receive new insights. Bad Wildbad rocks!
For some fabulous classes such as:
- Two days of Midwifery Skills
- Rebozo Techniques and Practice
- Sustainable Midwifery
- Comfort Techniques for Midwives and Doulas
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Spinning Babies
Monday, 22 October 2018
Waterbaby Day - Germany Waterbaby parents will demonstrate Neonatal Watertraining, Sauna for Motherbaby and Babyswimming. Register at the conference at the “Wasserbabies” desk or e-mail Cornelia Enning firstname.lastname@example.org.
75323 Bad Wildbad, Germany
Tel. during conference (for urgent use only): +49 7081 303265
Please note: The Kurhaus does not have sleeping rooms.
Bad Wildbad is a picturesque spa town located in the beautiful Black Forest region of Southern Germany. There are thermal spas located next to the Kurhaus, where the conference is being held. Conference registrants may purchase a spa pass for €40 (valid 17–22 October) for the “Vital Therme” and the “Palais Thermal,” which include a wide variety of saunas, steam baths and thermal pools. Single entrance spa fees are €10.50 for three hours/€12,50 for the day for the “Vital Therme”; €20 for three hours/ €21.50 for the weekend/€26.50 for the day for the “Palais Thermal”.
There are many charming hotels, bed and breakfasts, and hostels in a peaceful, alpine setting, in all price ranges. If you are taking the train or are without a car let them know you want to be within walking distance of the Kurhaus. You may click here to view and print out the Accommodations Reservation Form. IMPORTANT: Please send the Accommodations Reservation Form to the Reservations Office indicated at the bottom of the form.
Contact for assistance in booking:
Bad Wildbad Hotels—Booking Service Reservation Office:Touristik Bad Wildbad GmbH
Postfach 10 03 26
75314 Bad Wildbad, Germany
How to Reach Bad Wildbad
By car: Take Highway A8, Exit “Pforzheim West.” From the exit Bad Wildbad is signed.
By airplane: Follow the directions below from the airport to Pforzheim. In Pforzheim change to Shuttle-Train “S6” to Bad Wildbad.
- Arrival at Frankfurt International Airport (FRA, 160 km):
Take train from Airport Railway Station to Karlsruhe. In Karlsruhe take train to Pforzheim.
- Arrival at Stuttgart International Airport (STR, 60 km):
Take Shuttle-Train from Airport Station to Stuttgart Main Station. In Stuttgart change to train to Pforzheim.
- Arrival in Munich (MUC, 220 km): Take Railway to Pforzheim.
- Arrival in Zurich (ZRH, 230 km):
Take Railway to Stuttgart. In Stuttgart change to train to Pforzheim.
- Arrival at Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport (Baden-Airpark) (50 km) (for flights within Europe): Take Railway to Pforzheim.
- Advertise at the conference (PDF).
- Subscribe to the Conference E-mail List. Stay up to date with the latest news about Midwifery Today Conferences. Receive occasional announcements about new conferences, information on discounts, and reminders for registration deadlines. Sent out approximately once a month.
- Keep up to date with conference news on Facebook.
- To receive a printed program by mail, please e-mail us with your request.
- Attend other Midwifery Today Conferences around the world!
- Children at the Conference: Mothers may sit with babes in arms in the classrooms. However, out of respect for others and, because we are recording some of the classes, if a baby makes any noise, we must ask mother and baby to leave the room. Attendees must make their own arrangements for childcare.
Video by Eva Diana Photography
Bad Wildbad, Germany
17-21 October 2018