Midwifery Today Conference
Montclair, New Jersey • April 20–23, 2022
“Sharing Midwifery Skills and Practices”
- We highly recommend that you wear a KN95 mask when indoors to protect yourself and others.
- We do not require, but we recommend, vaccination against Covid 19.
- Our goal is to keep everyone as safe as possible while enjoying each other’s company and sharing our calling of birth.
As the information available concerning Covid 19 has changed, we are UPDATING our conference guidelines:
- We support, but do NOT require, vaccination.
- We (and our hosts) request proper mask wearing by ALL participants.
- If you are not able to wear a mask due to pregnancy or a medical condition, we require Covid testing within 24 hours of attending our conference.
Please understand that these guidelines are meant to be both as welcoming as possible, while protecting and respecting our most vulnerable attendees. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
These are FCC’s current guidelines on their website:
Worship Service is now back in the Sanctuary at 10:30am on Sunday mornings. Currently, Essex County is in the YELLOW ZONE therefore face masks are NOT required, but you are welcome to wear one if you prefer. We will continue to use social distance in the pews.
Join us in Montclair!
We are so excited for this opportunity to meet together face-to-face. We hope the Covid-19 situation will allow for this when April rolls around. We are all quite starved for the rich time we spend together at conferences. There is nothing more enlightening or encouraging; besides that, we go home with so much information and some new friends!
The First Congregational Church in Montclair, New Jersey—the venue we have chosen for the conference—is rich in history and so beautiful. You can learn more about it at fccmontclair.org. The church is nearly 150 years old and they are progressive in their outlook. They are very welcoming to all. This historic building is a destination itself, and we get to enjoy being together in it—with and attitude of love and sharing—for four days. There is also a tranquil outdoor garden that we can stroll in, as well as a labyrinth in the church. The area surrounding the venue has many great restaurants and is lovely and historic in itself.
So, save the dates in your calendar and we will see you in April. The people representing the church are so kind and accommodating and they have rolled out the red carpet for us. I am looking forward to it. Join us for insight, inspiration, and information.
It is time to get inspired! Join us for our Spring conference in Montclair.
Our welcoming teachers include:
Enjoy such classes as:
- Shoulder Dystocia and Malpresentations
- Creating a Better Future for Birth
- Techniques for Controlling and Preventing Hemorrhage
- Pushing in Labor
- Releasing the Pelvis
- Diastasis Recti: A Medical Problem during and after Pregnancy
- Tricks of the Trade
- The Art and Heart of the Doula
- And many more
Bring your questions and knowledge for a lovely learning and sharing experience!
First Congregational Church, UCC, an open, welcoming and affirming church in beautiful Montclair, NJ.
Montclair, NJ 07042
Travel to Montclair
- Newark International Airport is about a thirty-minute taxi ride to Montclair.
- There is an excellent Taxi Service at the airport, directly across the street from the “Ground Transportation” exit. The vehicles are spacious and clean, and their prices are very reasonable. A ride from Newark Airport to Montclair is around $40, and there are vans available that can accommodate multiple people, luggage, and boxes.
- The Secaucus Station is a quick and convenient wat to come/go to New York City.
- The Bay Street Station is the closest local train station to the venue.
- Uber and Lyft are available everywhere.
There are many Hotels and Airbnbs in the area. Most will require transportation to the conference venue.
The MC Hotel is a very short walk to our venue. They offer blocks of rooms and discounted rates. Rooms are around $200/night with two queen beds. They also offer free parking for hotel guests, who can walk to the conference each day. Their website: https://themchotel.com/
There is limited, two-hour, metered parking in downtown Montclair.
The venue has a 25-space lot that we can use on Saturday 4/23.
There is a brand new, multi-level parking garage right behind the venue, with a fixed rate of $2 per hour, or about $16 per day.
Montclair is a thriving town with many cafes and restaurants.
There is also a Whole Foods Market within walking distance of our venue.