Midwifery Today Conference
Eugene, Oregon, USA • October 16–19, 2022
Welcome to Eugene
Welcome to our Eugene 2022 conference. We are really excited to join with you for this, our 86th conference! We have learned a lot about what works best, after years of planning and carrying out these events. While meetings with many breakouts are nice for bigger conferences, since Covid-19 we have had fewer registrants and teachers, so have made all general sessions. We have learned that having everyone together, rather than in several breakouts, brings us closer. We leave each conference with strong friendships, after getting to know each other well. Together we make more future plans for changing the world of birth.
So, we invite you to join us for an intimate time at our next conference, in our beautiful hometown of Eugene, Oregon.
- Rebozo Techniques and Practice
- Checking dilation without vaginal exams
- Autonomous Midwifery: The Key to the Future
- New and Old: Techniques for Controlling and Preventing Hemorrhage
- Midwifery Defined by Midwives
- Detection and Prevention of Fetal Distress in Labor
- Tricks of the Trade
… and much more
Conference LocationCentro de Fe
540 Adams St
Eugene, Oregon 97402
There are many other options—just look for lodging near downtown Eugene to be in the area closest to the venue.
Travel to the Conference
Please allow extra time for construction in the downtown area.
Driving north or south on Interstate 5, take exit 194B, “I-105, OR 126, West, Eugene.” Go west for about one mile. Take Exit 2, “Autzen Sta. / Univ. of Ore.” You are now on I-105 / OR 126.
Stay in right lane, and follow Exit 2 ramp; at this point the sign says “Coburg Rd. / Downtown.” Stay left where the exit ramp divides in two, following the “Downtown / Univ. of Ore.” signage. This puts you on Coburg Rd.
Stay in the right lane, cross the river and then take the exit marked “Downtown / Hult Center” (also marked “6th Ave.” exit). This puts you on 6th Avenue.
Stay or get in the right lane and go for several blocks. Immediately after going under a freeway overpass, turn right on Jefferson Street, then turn left on 5th Street. Drive just past Adams Street and immediately turn left into the church parking lot. If the church parking lot is full, there is free street parking in the area.
Please note that the church is a plain white building with a small sign on the Adams Street side.
Eugene (EUG) is serviced by Alaska, Allegiant, American, Delta and United.
Covid-19 Travel Restrictions
- Subscribe to the Conference E-mail List. Stay up to date with the latest news about Midwifery Today Conferences. Receive occasional announcements about new conferences, information on discounts, and reminders for registration deadlines. Sent out approximately once a month.
- Keep up to date with conference news on Facebook.
- Attend other Midwifery Today Conferences around the world!
- Children at the Conference: Mothers may sit with babes in arms in the classrooms. However, out of respect for others and, because we are recording some of the classes, if a baby makes any noise, we must ask mother and baby to leave the room. Attendees must make their own arrangements for childcare.
- We highly recommend that you wear a KN95 mask when indoors to protect yourself and others.
- We do not require, but we recommend, vaccination against Covid 19.
- Our goal is to keep everyone as safe as possible while enjoying each other’s company and sharing our calling of birth.