A Collection of Articles from Midwifery Today Magazine
- Chater 1: Traditional Midwifery in Costa RicaChater 2: Inuit Birth Traditions
- Chater 3: Desert Babies
- Chater 4: The Midwife in Traditional Ukrainian Culture
- Chater 5: Lessons from One of the Last Tica Midwives
- Chater 6: Is There A Balance?
- Chater 7: Traditional Customs and Modern Birthing in Somaliland
- Chater 8: Placenta Rituals and Folklore from around the World
- Chater 9: The Life and Work of a Rope Midwife in Darfur
- Chater 10: Andean Traditional Midwifery in Peru
- Chater 11: Who Benefits from Training Traditional Midwives?
- Chater 12: Are Traditional Chinese Medicine Theories of Normal Delivery Supported by Evidence-based Medicine?
- Chater 13: Some Traditional Practices from Around the World
- Chater 14: Stories of Extraordinary Central American Midwives
- Chater 15: Becoming Tradition
- Chater 16: Searching for Ancient Secrets in Childbirth
- Chater 17: Umbilical Cord Traditions in Puerto Rico
- Chater 18: Lanyero Karamela: A Midwife of Uganda
- Chater 19: Rings, Lines, Folds, and Other Old-time Tools to Assess Dilation
- Chater 20: Global Midwifery and the Humanization of Birth
- Chater 21: The Medicine of the Ukhu Pacha: Andean Sacred Teachings around Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum
- Chater 22: Nigerian Birth Traditions and Rituals
- Chater 23: Celebrating Newborns in Egypt
- Chater 24: Traditional Postpartum Practices and Rituals in Iran